Topic 34 Resources
Students need to understand:
how to add two 8 bit binary integers and explain overflow errors which may occur
Choose from the following to help you learn:
CAMBRIDGE Computer Science:
Pages 133-136. Sections "Binary sums", "Binary shifts" which continues to the bottom of Page 136.
ROBSON & HEATHCOTE Computer Science (9-1):
Page 137 & 138. Sections "Addition of binary numbers" and "Binary shifts".
SUSAN ROBSON GCSE Computing(3rd edition):
Page 52, Section "adding binary numbers".
SUSAN ROBSON GCSE Computing(2012):
Page 12, Section "adding binary numbers".
AXSIED GCSE Computer Science (3rd edition):
Page 125. R63 "Binary addition" and Page 133, R67 "Binary Shifts"
ROUSE & O'BYRNE GCSE(9-1) Computer Science:
Pages 149-151. Sections "Adding binary numbers" and "Binary shifts"
- BBC Bitesize: Binary addition, Overflow (Pages 2 & 3)
- Cambridge MOOC: Section 32: Adding 8 bit binary numbers
- Wikipedia: Binary number addition, Overflow, Binary shift (3 articles)
- Techopedia: Overflow error
- John Rieman: Binary arithmetic
- Teach-ICT: Sections 8 to 12: Binary Numbers
- MrDMcKnight: Watch all (12:19). Binary addition
- MrDMcKnight: Watch from 10:41. Overflow error
- MrJBilton: Watch all (1:23). Binary addition
- Computer Science Tutor: Watch from 8:45 to 12:10. Binary addition
- Computer Science Tutor: Watch from 12:31 to 13:47. Overflow error
- Cambridge GCSE Computing: Watch all (2:31) Adding 8-bit binary numbers, Part A
- Cambridge GCSE Computing: Watch all (1:24) Overflow errors, Part B
- CatComputerTeacher: Watch all (5:14) Binary shifts
- Mr Powell's CS Channel: Watch all (4:13) Right and left shifts